Gregory L. Hyland
Greg is a litigation attorney with a particular focus on family law matters including divorce, separation, child custody matters, alimony, property distribution, adoptions, common law marriage and premarital agreements. Greg also enjoys being counsel to a variety of small businesses.
While in law school, Greg was Articles Editor for the South Carolina Journal of International Law and Business. After graduating, Greg worked with Enterprise Bank of South Carolina, an independent bank with eleven branches in the lowcountry, as a commercial loan officer and worked directly with the Executive V.P. and CEO. He gained first hand experience with the challenges that face small to mid-size businesses and learned the values of small town customer service.
Greg then moved with his wife to Dallas, Texas where he interned with the Honorable Paul D. Stickney of the United States District Court, Northern District of Texas. Realizing his heart belonged in the southeast, he returned to South Carolina to practice law in Summerville, focusing on family law and business litigation.
Greg lives in Summerville with his wife Kate, their daughter Mae and son Will. Greg’s discipline and competitive drive extend beyond the courtroom. He is an avid cyclist, masters swimmer and competitive triathlete. On the rare occasion he is able to relax, you will find him fishing in his kayak in the creeks of Edisto.
- Texas, 2009
- South Carolina, 2010
- U.S. District Court, District of South Carolina
- University of South Carolina School of Law, J.D.
- Emory University, B.A. Economics
- Board of Directors, Summerville Family YMCA
- Board of Directors, Summerville Rotary Club
Professional Associations and Membership
- American Bar Association, Family Law Section
- American Association for Justice, Family Law Section
- South Carolina Bar Association
- Dorchester County Bar Association, Member, Family Court Liaison Committee
- Charleston County Bar Association