DIVORCE AND FAMILY LAW
The HHS Approach – Dedicated, Compassionate Representation
Family law is a highly focused and challenging practice area that requires detailed knowledge, individualized attention, and diligent representation. Our lawyers and staff embrace the fact that family law issues can severely impact a client’s life and therefore approach each client’s unique case with empathy and compassion. We recognize and appreciate that we are helping real people with real problems and take pride in helping our client’s navigate the process successfully so they can move on with their lives.
Here are a few of the guiding principles of our family law practice:
- Communication. At a time in your life when you are already facing significant uncertainty, the last thing you want is to be in the dark about your family law case. As a valued client, we consistently communicate with you and keep you updated about the developments of your case. We believe our clients should be as informed as possible—after all it is your case.
- Child-focused. When families break up, it can be especially difficult on the children involved. We believe in focusing on your children’s best interests—keeping them safe and working to create parenting plans that are beneficial for you and your children.
- Creativity. We are not a divorce mill or a form factory. We take the time to listen to the goals and objectives of our clients, and work to tailor solutions for each client’s unique needs. Some elements are tried and true but family law offers few one size fits all solutions.
- Cost-Control. Many people worry about the cost of their case growing out of control. It doesn’t have to. Angry spouses and overly aggressive lawyers can escalate fees in divorce cases. By using careful strategy and techniques to diffuse otherwise volatile situations, we are able to work with our clients to obtain successful settlements while saving them time, money and aggravation along the way. By focusing on efficiency and using the newest technology we pass along cost-savings to our clients without sacrificing our level of service.
Divorce and Family Law Areas of Practice
Divorce and Separation
- Alimony / Spousal Support
- Common Law Marriage
- Divorce Mediation
- Modifications of Prior Orders
- Property/Asset/Debt Distribution
- Legal Name Changes
- Grandparents Rights/Visitation
- Custodial Parent Relocation
- Step-parent Adoption